SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beauty42_gw

Any advice please

beauty42
10 years ago

I have/had a friend who i've been friends with for YEARS and he recently lost two loved ones. One loved one was an elderly person, who my friend was close to and the other was a sibling who was murdered.

This all happened about 4-5 months ago, and our friendship turned for the worst! The worst it's ever been EVER! we did not have problems with each other at all, but after his losses, he just stopped talking to me, I kept trying to get answers as to why things were changing and what exactly was going on, but no real luck.

He would talk to me but not really (if that makes sense). I eventually thought he wanted nothing to do with me anymore and it hurt so bad because...

1. He has ALWAYS talked to me and been open about anything

2. Nothing happened between us, he just flipped on me after his losses

I eventually thought maybe to just tell him if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore to NOT respond to the message, he did respond but still not saying much...2 weeks later he initiated contact but it was very short and casual.

We haven't spoken since and that's been 2 months ago I have to say we are friends but have also liked each other over the years but because of other relationships we've always kept it at a friendship with no problem.

This past year has been different from the other years with him breaking up with his gf and wanting to date me...& that's where we were before all this happened, they were broken up and we were talking more seriously...after his losses, that changed he immediately got back involved with her.

now, i really am ok with that...i miss my friend, the friend i've had since I was a kid, who I've never had any issue with even CLOSE to this before! but I just thought i'd throw that info in there because I want to be completely honest about the situation

although he in not dead, i feel like i've lost a friend and it wasn't even because of anything that went wrong between us...it makes me grieve like he's dead sadly

please any advice? thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored