SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cws1571

Don't Know What To Do

cws1571
13 years ago

Hello-

This is my first time posting, because I feel as though I have no one I can turn to. I apologize up front if this post seems disjointed and like TMI. I'm just to the point where I don't know what to do. I'm hoping someone on the outside looking in can give me some insight that I'm missing, because I'm so close to the situation.

My mother-in-law died just over three months ago. It was a long agonizing death and both my husband and I were in the room when she died. This is an image we both have burned into our memories and I understand it's had a very bad affect on my husband.

Since her death, I feel as though my husband has shut me out. A wall has gone up and I cannot break through it. It seems as though he wants nothing to do with me. I've tried given him his space. He moved out of our bedroom and now sleeps in another room of our house and since the death, has only been with me once (that he claims he doesn't remember). He has a quick temper towards everyone in the house. He now tells me it's too soon to be with me and even went out an bought himself something very expensive(worth several thousand dollars)without even having the courtesy of talking to me about it first....he instead talked to some of his "buddies" about it and got their "blessing" to buy it.

I understand that it's his mom that died (and not mine) and that everyone grieves in their own way and in their own timing. I've tried to talk to him and explain that his mother wouldn't want him to stop living a normal life. I feel strongly that she wouldn't. All he does is gets angry with me and tells me that I'm pushing him. I see him maybe 5 minutes a day during the work week, because of his job and on the weekends, he does his stuff and I'm doing housework and running household errands. We're barely even talking, so I'm not even sure how I'm pushing him.

I know his heart is broken and my heart is broken for him. I truly wish there was a way I could make all of the pain he feels go away, but I know there's not.

I'm scared that I'm losing my husband to his grief and that my children are losing their father to this as well. I'm to the point to where I don't know what to do. My heart is breaking, I cry all of the time (I try to contain myself until he's not around...because he gets mad at me if he sees me crying).

Does anyone have any thoughts that might help this situation? I'm desperately trying to help my husband, but also help our marriage and our children.

Comments (3)

Sponsored