SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uafly1

My recent furniture buying experience

uafly1
17 years ago

I recently needed to purchase a large amount of furniture that was going to be delivered out of state. I choose to shop with Boyles and Lex Furniture as I would be paying delivery costs regardless. I have shopped with Boyles in the past, customer service was great, delivery was a breeze. I did have something damaged and I received a follow-up every week until it was handled. Unfortunely they did not have everything I was trying to purchase and on some of the bigger items their prices were significantly higher then Lex Furniture.

Lex furniture is no Boyles. Their prices were better so I decided to go with them. Their delivery is also different from Boyles, they contract to several different companies.

As for the customer service, part of this was my fault, make sure you can work with your sales person. Unfortunely, I tried to shake mine, but she was the only one answering the phone.

If I had known how this experience was going to turn out, I would thought twice about using Lex Furniture. The problems I had were not their fault. They could have communicated better with me regarding those problems. I would call, be told I they would call back, a week nothing. So I would call again. It was very time consuming on my end.

I also ordered some furniture from a online vendor and incountered delays. But due to the wonderful level of customer service I received, I would recommend them to anyone.Again the delays were not the store's fault, but the contacted me and keep me informed. I did not have to call everyweek to find out what was going on like I did with Lex Furniture.

I just wanted to pass on my recent experience. I've read a lot on this board and it's been very helpful. I hope someone finds this message helpful as well.

I will continue to shop at Boyles, while you can beat their prices, you can't beat their service.

I probably not shop at Lex Furniture, never say never, while the prices were good, I did not care for their service.

Comments (3)