SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becky_ca

Need advice about Thomasville Warranty Issue

becky_ca
17 years ago

I have a problem with a chair we purchased from Thomasville, and need some advice.

We bought a pair of chairs from Thomasville and took delivery last May. About a month ago, I noticed that one of the arms on one of the chairs was cracked all the way through - if you wiggled the arm, you could clearly see that it was cracked all the way through. I called Thomasville, and the reps initial reaction was that it sounded like it was a weak point in the wood (knot, etc) and that it didn't sound like something that could be repaired, and she would check on a replacement. Then she called and said that her corporate rep wanted to take a look, so they came and picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Next thing I know, I'm getting a call from the warehouse saying they want to set up re-delivery of the chair.

After some discussion with the rep, it seems as though the repairman has removed the arm, put nails in to attach the two broken pieces, filled any gaps with wood filler and repaired the finish. The repairman states further that where the arm attaches to the chair is a "weak point" on any chair.

I don't if this is acceptable or not - what do you all think?

We paid over $1,100 for each of these chairs, and had basically expected to use them for the rest of our lives. There is a 1 year warranty on the furniture - the rep tells me that after the 1 year is up, we have to deal with the corporate office. These are being used as side chairs in our living room, and really haven't received all that much use, and certainly no undue stress. I kind of feel like we should receive a new chair based on the length of time we've owned them, but don't know if this is an unreasonable position to take - any thoughts?

Becky

Lompoc, CA

Here is a link that might be useful: Simplicity Chair

Comments (4)