SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenniferw_gw

It's been such a long road....

jenniferw
14 years ago

Although I don't post much anymore on this site, I do come back to visit every so often. It will be 5 years in May since my mom died suddenly in her sleep, at the young age of 57. It seems like yesterday and 50 years ago all at the same time. I remember how bad it was in the beginning. Sad beyond belief. Crying non stop. Angry! So damn angry!! I searched and searched for answers but couldn't find any. I remember posting often here and feeling deep comfort knowing that there were people out there who understood exactly what I was going through. Like I said, it's been 5 years and wow....what a long road it's been. Yes, I still get sad here and there....yes, I still cry occasionally ....I still forget that my mom's really gone at times....I still get that deep longing inside to talk and laugh with her, but I do have to say that the unbearable pain I felt in the beginning has most definitely subsided for the most part and life goes on. I NEVER thought I'd get to this point of peace, understanding, acceptance and closure, but here I am. Just wanted to share that and thank the people here who helped me through the most devastating time in my life 5 years ago and also want to give the new people here my support and sympathies.

Comment (1)

Sponsored