SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyce619_gw

It will be 10 years in July

joyce619
20 years ago

I have spent hours reading all the post and my heart goes out to each one of you.

Our son Bryan was killed on July 2, 1994 at the age of 26.

He had just changed jobs and had gone to work for a company out of Oregon on June 1, 1994. They had sent him to a job in Newport Beach, CA. for a month. He was going back to Phoenix to take his motorcyle to leave and to spend the July 4th holiday with his girl friend. They had worked like 70 hours that week. His boss told him to take a flight back and they would ship his bike, but he said no. His girl friend told him to get some sleep and come the following day. Well, he left Irvine, CA (he had filled up with gas at 12:30 a.m. according to a reciept)and at 2:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 2, 1994 he went into the back of a van and was killed.

It will be 10 years this July, but it still seems like yesterday. We lived in Georgia at the time so it was in the afternood before we were notified. Here he was in California and us in Georgia. That not being bad enough, it was the holiday week-end. Everything was closed on Monday so it was Thursday before we got him home. That was the longest five days I have ever spent.

They said the van had pulled over to the side of the road for just a short time and then pulled back on. The two cars in front of the bike changed lanes as did the car behind the bike. They told us that he never touched a brake and the woman driving the van said she saw the one head light and the next thing she knew it had run into the back of the van, throwing him over the van and into the left lane. They said he was killed on inpact.

His friends that attended the service all had the same to say about him. How knowing Bryan had changed their lives. That we would never know how many lives Bryan had made a difference in. He loved people. Always had a smile. Only saw the good. I don't believe he ever met a person he didn't like. If he did you didn't hear about it. I never heard him say anything bad about anyone.

He was where he wanted to be, doing what he wanted to do, and loved his job and the people he worked for and with. His boss said his description of Bryan was that he was magical. That if they were having a hard day at work, if nothing was going right, that Bryan could just lift them up and get things running smooth again. That he knew just what to say.

He will always be missed, but he lives in our hearts and is always with us. His job on earth was finished, and it was time for him to go home.

Joyce

Comments (9)

Sponsored