SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alicahaley

where to get cushion replaced

alicahaley
16 years ago

You may have seen some of my posts about my troubles with my lee sofa cushions. They are miserably squishy and impossible. Without going into too much detail again, I have to plump them every time someone sits down. And I'm ok with a slouchy look. These are beyond that. The welting shifts on the back cushions and they look like a cheap bean bag sitting on a squashed sofa seat. Anyway, I think I would like to replace the insides with foam. I know that is cheap and not high end but our last cheap couch was filled with foam and lasted 8 years with jumping children and 2 dogs.

My friend has norwalk furniture and I love the firmness of the cushions. Does Norwalk redo cushions that aren't from their company? Should I go to a local upholsterer? Or does anyone have experience with one of the many websites that makes foam inserts for your furniture? The last two options worry me because I'm afraid I won't like the seats again without seeing and trying them out first. I've already spend a ton of money on this furniture and would hate to spend more only to still dislike it. At least my friend's norwalk sofa I have sat on and love. Hers is 10 years old and you would think they just got it yesterday. The cushions and the fabric look fantastic. And they have 3 children. This is their family room furniture so it is used daily. My fabric is already pilling and it is only 7 months old! But that is another rant.

Thanks!

Comment (1)