SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

question on sofa

andrelaplume2
9 years ago

I am looking for something for our basement...likely won't get as much wear as the stuff upstairs. We have a lazy boy sofa, loveseat and two recliners for 7 years that are in use by our family of 4 and dog every day. Its held up fine and still comfy. The chairs are leather. The sofa is some fabric...to be honest I am not sure what. I am satisfied with the furniture.

For the basement I was planning on staying away from leather...its a little expensive for the basement and little cold to the touch down there.

We must have sat on 50 sofas. The one we like the best is in the link below. To be honest we saw this sofa a year ago and liked it. Well, they still sell it and it just happened to be the feature item when we walked in the store. The lady said its a popular seller. The problem is that she also said it was bonded leather. Its not shiny like leather. Its more like microfiber or suede. I have read bad things about bonded leather. She says it will wear well...but then again she wants to make a sale. How can I find out what this sucker is made of and if it will wear well? If its not a good choice, I think the line (James) comes in other fabrics...what wears well.

Google the Lazy Boy website for: James La-Z-Time� Full Reclining Sofa,
Cover Type: Fabric, Renew�*
Cover Color: Chestnut (RE994716)

Comments (9)