SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchenwitch_gw

My awful news

kitchenwitch
12 years ago

I lost my husband suddenly 4 weeks ago. He died in his sleep. He wasn't sick, but he wasn't too healthy either. He hated going to the doctor, and he had terrible sleep apnea that he did not treat. It killed him, his heart stopped. He just turned 53.

It wasn't too unusual that he would fall asleep on the couch watching a ball game. When I went downstairs that morning, I scolded him for not making coffee. And then I noticed that he was awfully still. He looked so peaceful, and I take a bit of comfort in that.

He was my second husband and my best friend. We've been together for 15 years, and we got married in 2005. My kids, now in their 20's, loved him so much, and even though their bio dad is very much in their lives, they always looked to G for special guidance. He helped me raise them through their teen years - something most men would not live through well! But even with the usual problems, we had a very harmonious household. He never had children, and he loved my kids as his own. He was so proud of them.

This was completely unexpected and I still don't really believe it. Sometimes I'm OK, and sometimes I walk around the house crying. Work seems so stupid, but takes my mind off it, and I have to produce so that I have paychecks coming in later this summer. I have a big business trip next week which is freaking me out, but I'm going.

I'm not asking for anything, I just felt like I had to tell you. I would feel dumb someday writing a question about decorating when this big thing happened to me and I never mentioned it.

Comments (74)