SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katy_bug_gw

OMG - the flooring guy dropped a can of stain on my carpet!

KH 888
16 years ago

I know that everyone has a flooring nightmare . . . but I have no idea how to remedy this. We have old red oak under the carpet throughout the house. We have been doing a room by room DIY renovation and the den was more than we could do ourselves because it required some tiling and walls being torn out. We went ahead and ripped up the carpet in just that room. We got flooring quote for the den only and then the whole house. Due to costs we decided to do the den only for now. I come back to the house after being gone for two days and the finish is all hazy in spots. It is supposed to be semi-gloss, but it is very satiny is spots all over the room . . . and then there is the hair all in the finish. Then I notice that there is a very large square patch in my dining room. They guy dropped a can of stain in there and it went everywhere! Walls, on my brand new futon, chair and all over the carpet. He cut up the carpet and tried to patch it but it is so obvious! He says that he will recarpet that room but that will look messed up because it is an open space and it will look patched where it transitions to the living room. He acts like it is not a big deal because we are going to pull up the carpet . . . eventually! We have to live with it for now. I could get him to cut me a deal on doing those floors but if I don't liek the job he did in the den . . . why would I use him in the rest of the house. I am about to pull my hair out.

And . . . I am out of money! (I haven't paid him yet)

Comments (4)