SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherwhy_gw

hex with beveled edge looks much better than without

sherwhy
13 years ago

We just installed tile in two baths. Both with Daltile Hex (Keystones)on the floors. Master bath has 1.25 inch and the second bath has 1 inch. The second bath went in first and wow it looks amazing. The master floor started to get some grout today and I have to tell you, I wish I would have used the 1 inch because the 1.25 inch does not have the beveled edge. We used white tile with white grout. It just disappears, there is no definition or "reveal" as our GC says.

For those of you out there wanting to use hex beware. We didn't even notice the two were different. When I asked our tile supplier about it he said he didn't realize there was a difference. ?? Anyway!

We ran through some ideas.

A. Popping out a few tiles and randomly throwing in a color - Gray. Too much $$$.

B. Or the possibility of using muratic acid on white grout and regrout with a darker color. $$$

C. Or painting random tiles and sealing it with a varnish.

D. Or my idea of using a sharpie on all the grout (just kidding).

We went with plan E. Go ahead and finish grouting the rest of the floor in white. Over time the white will turn grayish ? Oh and throw down some very colorful rugs. ;o)

Comment