SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly_bc

Carpet over Carpet - Thots + Experiences Please

holly_bc
16 years ago

This forum seems to have been taken over with laminates / wood and the like flooring so hope there is still a body or two who *do carpet* and can give me some ideas.

I'm replacing the Master Bdrm carpet and would like to take the present carpet from this room and use a portion of it in our Guest Bedroom. The GB gets minor use - perhaps 6-10 one or two day visitors each year so is certainly not a high traffic area. The piece from the MB which I would use has been largely covered by the bed and to one side thereof leaving that portion in pretty good condition.

The present carpet in the GB is a twisted very flat carpet - somewhat like office carpet - which either has the backing attached or the backing (underpad) has become attached in the twenty odd years it's been down. (Don't know much more as I didn't choose it/lay it.)

What - if any - problems might arise with the above plan? Does it sound like a reasonable idea? Should I remove the present carpet and put down carpet padding first or could I reasonably simply lay the *new* over the old??

TIA

Comments (6)