SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
handust

Just curious -- do you have a king or a queen sized bed?

Lisa
17 years ago

For the first time ever, my DH and I now have a very nice-sized bedroom thanks to an addition/renovation. We are considering buying a new bed and are trying to decide whether to buy a king or a queen sized bed. We've had a queen sized bed for most of our married life. DH was interested in getting a king, and I'm not necessarily opposed because it seems like the "grown-up bed" to get. But I always recall my mom saying long ago that she almost regretted getting a king sized bed because she felt like she and my dad were "too far apart". (Don't read anything into that -- they had a great marriage -- she just liked to snuggle! LOL)

Anyway, I've been guilty of making assumptions about what other people "do" or "have" in the past, so I thought I'd ask. Given the opportunity, does everyone in their right mind opt for a king-sized bed? If you've chosen a queen sized bed when you could have a king, can you tell me why?

Of course, being a woman, I keep thinking about how much harder it is to change the sheets on a king sized bed! But I don't mind a bit if I think I'll love it. Do you love the extra room or is it kinda surplus?

TIA!

Comments (39)