SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mandomama_gw

Mitchell Gold vs Lee Ind. vs CR Laine vs RH Sofa

mandomama
13 years ago

We are in the market for 3 sofas- 1 Chesterfield in leather and 2 matching comfy, TV watching sofas for keeping room. I'm pretty much cross-eyed at this point because there is so much info out there. I've sat in the Chester @ MG and the Kensington @ RH, but not the Chesterfield-type sofas made by CR Laine (Chichester) or Lee (L3772-03).

I'm very wary of buying any sofa that I have not sat on as we purchased (without sitting on them) 2 slipcovered, expensive ones from Lee a year ago. They are the most uncomfortable sofas I have ever sat on. The seat cushion (a single one) makes you feel like you are perpetually sliding off into the floor. The back cushions must be filled with cement, because they are unbelievably heavy. The cushions are very "crunchy" & feel like there is straw in them. I know they make a good, solid product- I just chose the wrong type of cushions. I naively let the designer make decisions for me that I should have researched & chosen. Does anyone have any experience with the Lee L3772-03 Sofa? Or the CR Laine one?

I also wonder about the quality of brands like Restoration Hardware & Mitchell Gold vs manufacturers like CR Laine, Wesley Hall, Lee, etc. Are the "box stores" like RH and MGBW worth the extra $ & is the quality as good? I think of stores like Lowe's & Home Depot- they have Kohler and Delta faucets cheaper than the local plumbing supply store, but the quality is not as good- Kohler makes a lesser quality faucet/sink/whatever for Lowe's @ a lower price point; Lowe's marks it up and sells to the public.

From what I've researched so far, I can get a C-grade leather sofa from MG at the same price as a much better grade leather from CR Laine. RH is having a sale right now, so for around $4300, I can get a 96" Kensington, which is a similar price as the Mitchell Gold sofa.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (15)