SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Help! Does anyone know about these carpets???

mboston_gw
15 years ago

I am looking at three SmartStrand carpets by Mohawk. The first is Smart Stand with DuPont Sorona. It is the Villa Way style, which is a plush. Looking at it in Mellow Taupe. Cost is $5.52 SF which includes tax, install and tear out of old carpet and pad plus a 6 lb pad. I would probably upgrade to a better pad. I know from reading Carpetgirl's comments that this is the corn based fiber.

The second choice is Smart Strand BCF (but not Sorona). It is Richmond style and the colors I am considering are Covered Wagon and Carmel Apple. It is on sale now for $4.70ish) until May 2. It is the same plush as the one above.

I found these two at a Floorscapes store and was surprised not to see the weight on the samples as you do at other places.

The last one is from another store - it is Horizon New Sensation and is a Smart Strand 3GT, which I assume means that it is a DuPont Sorona. Looked at Virtuoso color.

I need to make a decision or at least eliminate the one that is on sale is that is not the way to go.

The choice will go in four bedrooms only. We have two minilabradoodles, the largest being about 35 lbs and he runs like a lab. Luckily he won't be doing too much running in the bedrooms. But that is why I went with the plush. I don't care for the Friezes.

Comments (9)