SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncfurniture_gw

North Carolina Furniture - What are my options?

ncfurniture
16 years ago

During the month of April, my wife and I spent a lot of time in furniture stores throughout NC trying to decide on what we want. We were down to two choices - Rowe or Lee. Now, I know that the Lee is a superior build, but the Rowe was cheaper. We finally decided on the Rowe and purchased from Kagan's Furniture in Mooresville, NC in mid May. We paid the customary 50% deposit at that time for our order and were told that it would be ready in "about 30 days". Then in mid June, we were told that it would be ready around mid July. Today, we found out that the order would be ready around mid August. At this point, do I have any option other than to wait for the furniture? I have spoken with the Store Manager and he said that he would place a call to the "mill" today to find out how far along they are on the assembly. I told him that I wanted to cancel the order, which doesn't sound like a problem as long as they haven't cut the fabric yet. If they have cut the fabric, do I have any legal options under state law? At this point, I just want my money back so that I can start over.

Thanks!

Comments (3)