SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindyloowoo_gw

sagging C.R. Laine blend down cushions

cindyloowoo
17 years ago

Just to give you some background information, months ago I posted lots of questions about Norwalk and C.R. Laine and finally decided to order the 7300 Sweetwater sofa from C.R. Laine with a matching loveseat and coordinating chairs with their "comfort down" cushions which are foam core cushions wrapped in down. The pieces have a tight back so the down is only in the seat cushions and toss pillows. I ordered the furniture from Rose Furniture, but opted for purchasing the fabric online and doing a COM order. I found two fabrics I fell in love with at a high-end local furniture store. After much research I found the same fabrics at a great discount from fabricsandhome.com. I finally received the completed pieces on July 9.

Here's the problem. After only a couple of weeks, the cushions on my two chairs are deformed. I removed the inserts and fluffed them, but they shifted again after only a couple of days. I contacted Rose Furniture to see if I could order new inserts without the down. (Haven't heard back yet.) The toss pillows are doing the same thing plus shedding feather, but I figured I can replace those inserts easily myself. The cushions on the sofa and loveseat don't seem to have this problem. But they are upholstered in a different fabric that may have less "give." It may just be a matter of time before I have the same problem there. Do you think I would be able to exchange the cushions or will I have to purchase new ones? If the price of replacing the cushions is unreasonable, does anyone have any suggestions on how I could remedy this myself? Would it work just to insert a thin piece of foam on either side of the insert to hold everything together, sort of like a sandwich?

I selected comfort down based on the feel and several "expert" opinions at various furniture stores that the cushions would hold their shape. This whole thing makes me feel sick. When I think about how much I spent on this furniture! Argh! It looks like it is five years old already. My cheapy furniture never looked this bad. I should mention, the rest of the upholstery looks great - it is just the saggy cushions that are dissapointing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

cindy

Comment (1)