SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlesn_gw

Ethan Allen

18 years ago

My wife and I are seriously considering purchasing a sofa and upholstered chairs from Ethan Allen. I've attempted to research the quality and build of these items but I have found only vague references on Ethan Allen's site.

The sofa and one chair are both from the "Hyde" collection. The sofa is to be leather, the chair upholstered. The other 2 chairs are to be upholstered "Normandie" chairs. (Plus ottomans all around)

Can anyone here tell me about the costruction of a any of these items? Especially the frames and the cushion options.

I am also interested in the quality of their leather fabrics. Good, better, best?

We are also considering purchasing oriental style area rugs, any insight on EA's line?

In praise of Ethan Allen, our local store did provide a "designer" who spent a couple of hours in our home, got to know what we like, made a very exciting floor plan, chose furnishings to our taste and a "pallette" that might wife and I are excited about.

We are anxious to finally get our living room put togther now that we are about to be empty nesters. However, I hesitate to buy before I have all my facts togther. I don't mind spending money, as long as I know that I am getting quality for my buck.

In the past, we have purchased very well constructed sofas, the last one about 12 years ago from Drexel which has held up structurally, but has now begun to show wear.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Comments (6)