SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
les917

Learning Spanish

les917
12 years ago

I have decided that I need to do something productive and mind-challenging, since my current job is mind-numbingly boring. I am interested in learning some conversational Spanish, which I think is important in light of the changing balance in our population. I also think exposure would benefit my older son who has his master's in education and is currently seeking a teaching position in instrumental music (orchestra), and he is game to take part. I am hopeful that younger DS, who is also working towards a teaching degree, might use the program either with us or later on.

I have done some investigation into Rosetta Stone and Fluenz. I would really appreciate any information or opinions folks could offer on either one of these options.

By the way, I also considered taking a class at the excellent community college here, but realized that older DS and I could both use one of these products for what it would cost one of us to take one class. I took French in high school and college, and did well. Both DS's took German in high school and a bit in college, and both seem to have an aptitude for languages, younger DS particularly. So I think we could handle this type of learning and benefit from it.

Muchas gracias!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths