SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20102449

H&M Information and Thanks Duane!

User
15 years ago

In January I began researching manufacturers of leather couches on this forum. I read numerous postings and quickly learned that there were about 3-4 manufacturers of quality leather couches. Based on the information posted here, I decided to focus on Hancock and Moore. I pretty much read all of the postings on Hancock and Moore.

Once I read the information here, I began looking for H&M couches. I contacted Duane Collie since all of his postings indicated that members could contact him for information. I was able to see many chairs and a few couches here in New York City, but only one of the ones I was interested in. I wanted a big comfy couch. I narrowed my search to about five couches (tower, restoration, city, cirrus and harbinger). The only one of them I saw in person was the city. Duane was helpful in giving me information and his take on the various couches.

I also began checking around for prices. I checked with several sellers in NYC, called the usual suspects (Elite, Lexington and Boyles), and asked Duane. Elite, Lexington and Duane had very good prices. Boyles was ging me quotes similar to what I was getting from sellers in NYC or in some cases even more.

I went back and forth on whether to get this purchase. I finally decided to get the cirrus couch and an ottoman. The cirrus is a very big couch so I was concerned whether I could get it into my apartment. I called Hancock and Moore, and they said as long as I had a standard door (36") it should be ok. Once I decided on the couch it took me another three weeks to decide on hides. I had gotten a couple of samples. Again, Duane was very helpful with this.

I initially decided to get the couch from Elite because they had given me the best pricing. I e-mailed Duane to let him know and to thank him. He made me a counter offer and so, I bought the H&M couch from Duane Collie.

From the moment I ordered the couch from Duane, I felt I was in good hand. He was able to tell me what was happening and answer my questions.

The couch was delivered by Home Delivery Services about 11 days ago. Turned out that the cirrus couch was even bigger than I had thought. Although I had asked about the couch getting in to my apartment, I never considered that it would be an issue getting it into my building. It took the delivery guys about three hours to finally get the couch into my apartment. During that time, I made a hysterical phonecall to Duane who was very helpful, suggesting other things to do to get the couch into the building. Although the couch was made on order for me, he said that if it did not ultimately get into my building, return it to his store and he would try to sell it for me.

I now have a beautiful big couch in my apartment which is very comfortable. I wanted to thank everyone, but particularly Duane Collie.

Thank you.

Comments (6)