SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jolynna_gw

Pictures of my STAINED Brazilian Cherry floor

jolynna
14 years ago

I posted months ago about the disagreement my husband and I were having over floors. He wanted Brazilian Cherry and I thought that Brazilian Cherry was too red. I became open to Brazilian Cherry when Mongo posted pictures of his Brazilian Cherry floors, which are 10 years old and a gorgeous color. My daughter thought maybe the wood could be stained a color I'd like from the beginning (like Mongo's floors) so our hardwood floor person stained some unfinished BC for us to consider.

From left: BC stained with Early American stain; the middle sample is unstained BC finished with poly-u; right sample, dark walnut stained BC

We chose the Early American stain. It was red enough to please my husband but not as red as the unstained BC. We also thought that staining brought out the wood grain. After 6 months the stained samples are closer in color to each other but different than the unstained sample in that they show more graining.

Yesterday the floor installers put the 2nd coat of poly-u on our sanded and stained Brazilian Cherry floors.

I took those pictures yesterday. The poly-u was still drying so I had to take pictures from the doorway entrances and couldn't get a pictures of much of the wood together. Also there isn't any trim...however I wanted to post photos of stained Brazilian Cherry online for others ASAP because when I was considering that option, I couldn't find pictures.

So far I am very happy with my floors.

Comments (29)