SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Penzey's stands behind their Shallot Salt.

annie1992
16 years ago

We had a thread here a while ago about Penzey's shallot salt, which has a wonderful flavor but hardens quickly into a brick.

I stopped at Penzey's on the way home for cinnamon and almond extract and mentioned to the manager that the only product I've ever been disappointed with was the shallot salt. She remembered when the Cooking Forum shopped there and some of us bought it, so she promptly gave me a new bottle.

She says that the original should have been kept in the refrigerator to avoid the clumping, and it wasn't made clear to customers, so if you have the stuff just take it to your nearest Penzey's and they'll replace it. If you aren't near a Penzey's write to me, I have an email address for Michelle and she'll replace any member's bottle free.

They have changed the formulation and the new stuff doesn't clump, apparently. I have the new stuff, so we'll see how it is, but I'm happy to say that Penzey's absolutely stands behind all their products and Michelle volunteered to replace my bottle and any other bottle purchased by a member of this forum. I didn't even ask her to, she just did it automatically.

Ah yes, customer service is alive and well in Grand Rapids, Michigan!

Annie

Comments (26)