SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
odyssey3

problems with Nichols and Stone--help sought

odyssey3
18 years ago

After waiting for 8 weeks for my N&S table and chairs, they were delivered today and looked AWFUL. I had a stained tabletop and white painted chairs and table bottom and honestly it was one of thye worst painted finishes I've seen. The paint had some black flecks in it and was very streaky. One of the chairs had a corner completely chipped off. The wood also seemed to be barely sanded and certainly a tack cloth was not used to wipe the dust--it was just painted over. I don't know if this is just an issue with their painted furniture, because the stained pieces I saw didn't look like this. I am so disappointed. I spent $3500 on this set through Black's in NC and expected excellent quality. I had the delivery guys take them back--they fought with me a bit about it though. Black customer service person told me that a N&S rep would look at it and she'd get back to me. Anyone else experience N&S quality problems? I'm scared even if thyey replace the set I'll get something else of poor quality. Any advice?

Comments (24)