SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kats_gw

plz...plz...help find wide plank engineered flooring

kats
17 years ago

Guys, I posted here a "long" time ago asking about 6" width or better engineered wood flooring.

For better than four months we thought we had a 6.25"w. pecan at $13sq ft including installation. The manufacturer would even do a special order color for us adding $1 per sq ft to the package. By having the factory do this (instead of site finished) it would insure that the floor had 7 layers of poly on it to help protect it from our two dogs (doxie and golden retriever). Now our GC and his flooring guy keep sending us off the wall stuff (4" cherry, 3" pine etc) instead of answering our questions like "Where is the *#*! pecan floor we decided on". Right now I'm temporarily in a wheelchair (ortho detached Achilles tendons) and can't drive. It's making the final stages of our build extremely hard to work around. I could really use all your help with pictures and then let my computer and my fingers do the walking for me.

What we really hope to put in there is a rustic engineered medium honey color floor in at least a 6" plank width. We are on slab so really need to stay with an engineered wood. We do not want a laminate. Since we've had oak for 20 years we'd prefer to not have oak again or anything dark like walnut. Adding to the problem, we don't want hand scraped since a mechanical made repetition is really noticeable in a 50' long greatroom.

We've got to get this thing nailed down within the next week. Does anyone have or know of a floor that will suit our hopes and dreams?

Comments (22)