SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobangy

Regency I3100 window wash system defective

bobangy
15 years ago

Has anyone else experienced problems with Regency honouring their warranty?

We bought the I3100 fire insert 5 years ago, within one month of burning, we noticed the bar directly inside the door was warping and cracking, we advised dealer who contacted Regency and we were told," the bar isn't needed, we could even take it out if we wanted" as the fire insert worked well otherwise, we left it. 5 years in, we were in the process of requesting our third set of baffle bricks (under warranty) as they tend to crack/crumble whenever they are removed for cleaning. we were accused by our dealer of overfiring our unit if we were going through baffle bricks this often. I shot off a letter requesting a service rep to come inspect our insert and show me any other proof of overfiring. the service rep instead found hairline cracks at the door opening and our entire fire box was replaced under warranty. within 10 days of burning very small fires (it was mild outside) we again noticed the bar inside the door starting to warp, we had been advised when the sercice crew were taking out our defective firebox that the bar was actually our window wash system. the rep contacted regency and again we are "overfiring". very convenient as thie voids the warranty. the service rep took pictures of our dirty window (it only stays clean in a small one inch strip) stating the white on the window tells him we are burning correctly but Regency still will not do anything for this issue. you can tell the bar is only warping in the area the weld was missing and they won't even pay to have the weld done. we paid for a window wash system as may as well of got a solid door for all we see of the fire. anyone else out there with regency prolbems?? would appreciate the help as I think it's heading to court.

Comments (9)