SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Business Name Sounding Board?

ttodd
12 years ago

Is it appropriate to ask here? Is it a bad idea to ask here?

I have the business name that I'd love to use and it's not registered here in PA but the domain name is already taken and that has me a bit bummed. I have a few runner up names that are fine but I'm not as taken w/ them as I am w/ my #1 pick. They also aren't registered and 1 whose domain name that is currently under contract (no actual site) but due to expire Saturday. I would want my domain address to be as close as possible to the business name.

DH is feeling quite financially comfortable w/ the purchase of his/our business and seems to want me to be able to do what I want to do FT in the next 2yrs or so but he knows that we have to work up to it. He really wants me to 'find my bliss' and start a furniture painting and home decor business. No store front at this time - just flea markets, craft shows, Etsy and having my stuff in a few local single stores locally if they are interested.

He came home w/ the book 48 Days To the Work you Love and has even asked me if he wanted him to contact some designers that they work w/ on projects. He's talked w/ and introduced me a graphic artist friend of his and he'll do my logo for free.

Comments (7)