SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clueless1959

IVC Flexitec flooring What can you tell me about it?

clueless1959
17 years ago

I'm looking to put down a very durable vinyl floor something that will last a good 20 yrs or more. I'll be covering a rather large kitchen 12x 19' and a small laundry room with it. I think the laundry room is about 9x12.

Laundry room has the exterior back door not used much in winter but summer with using the pool we do use it more. We don't come in the house dripping wet tho.

How does the Flexitec compare to the Congoleum Inlaid vinyl? Is one any better than the other? Or should I go with the floor I like best at the best price?

The Flexitec I'm looking at is $20.00 a yard and it costs $3.50 a yard to install. I have not priced the Inlaid from Congoleum as of yet might do that today.

I will be putting my new floor over a worn out vinyl floor. A few years ago I was told that to use the inlaid congoleum I'd have to have luan put down before the floor now I see where the luan isn't recommended by congoleum that other methods are better. What about the cement filler to fill in the holes and make the floor level?

Comments (2)