SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pupwhipped

My husband's whacking at the asbestos vinyl tiles!

pupwhipped
14 years ago

I'm cross posting this from the remodeling forum in hope of some help. I could just shoot my husband!

I just know they have to be asbestos vinyl tiles. I am livid! We have a lake home built in 1952 that we bought two years ago. This morning hubby pulled up the old carpet in the back den. Underneath it were these vinyl looking squares. I thought we would just put new carpet over these. I left to go take the dog to chemo and then I find out hubby's been whacking at these squares with a long scraper tool thing. I don't know what it's called. Anyway, these tile squares have busted into many small pieces and "stuff." I am so mad I am shaking. He didn't even have a mask on! Now, he has one on and is picking up the "stuff" and putting in a trash bag. He did talk to someone and has purchased Ardex?? I think to seal the floor. But what about all this "stuff?" The den is right off the kitchen. I don't even want to go in the place and don't know if I will ever want to again.

Please help. What should I do? Right now I'm gonna go get a glass of wine and try to calm down.

Thank you,

pupwhipped

Comments (4)