SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christopherh_gw

Live in the Northeast? Keep the wood dry! And Nearby!

christopherh
18 years ago

I was just in a weather site and they were talking about historical data pertaining to the relationship between hurricanes and winters. When the hurricane season has been active, the following winters have been worse than normal. They have historical data to back this up. With the water off the Atlantic coast being so warm the likliehood of a nasty winter is looming. They say that there will be more storms in the ocean this year which means Nor'easters from Maine to Washington, DC. They're calling for temps to be below normal so the storms could produce snow along the coast as well as inland. And with the price of oil being what it is, and gas possibly going up 70% I'm happy I burn real wood. As I am sure my friend in Connecticut soon will be.

And as we see the devistation in the Gulf almost hourly on TV I can say with certainty, "GIVE ME A BLIZZARD ANY DAY!!" You shovel out, the sun comes out the next day, and the landscape is magnificent in the snow you see all around you. It's almost as if all the mistakes are covered up.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations