SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shumway1965

No-name engineered wood floors

shumway1965
17 years ago

I was reading Boxer's article "Advice a from a hardware rep for those shopping". One of his items was on no-name floors.

What would be the concerns with no-name engineered floors?

1. Finish not as durable.

2. Becoming delaminated

3. Warping, stability, etc.

4. Milling

5. Others

Number one (finish) seems reasonable. Number two (delamination) very unlikely. Number three (warping) very unlikely but more unlikely than two. Number four (milling) should be obvious when looking a box, and the product line can be rejected then.

I am shopping for engineered wood floors, I was looking primarily at name-brands. I came across a no-name brand, Robina, that I was just amazed at. It looked fantastic and the milling and straightness of the boards was incredible, far better than I had seen before. The tongue and groove was snug, but the boards did not have to be forced. The boards were completely flat. The boards were straight, they went together with no gaps. The boards were even, once together there was no difference in height. Unfortunately, that product line had been discontinued and the store did not have the quantities I needed.

Since then I have broadened my search to no name brands. I have sent for samples for "Johnson" and "Country Flooring". I wondered what the specific concerns others had with no-name floors.

Comment (1)