SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michellewarren

does anyone know fix for Waves in hardwood

M J Designs, LLC
16 years ago

Hi hope someone can help!! Our floor finisher says our floors look perfect even though they have perpendicular to the grain, evenly spaced, lines running throughout the entire 2500 square feet. It is completely obvious, there is no getting down on the floor to see this. Just walk in the door and bam there it is. Ten friends saw it without any prompting as to what the issue was. Their advice is to sue. I just want my floors finished so I can move in my new house.

I know our finisher is frustrated as he tried to dupe us initially by giving us mega as a top finish when we were sold traffic, a much more expensive product placed on our contract which we would have paid for had my husband not asked one of the finishers about what he was applying.

Since then my finisher has applied traffic on top of the mega, which had orange peel. Walked off the job, until Bona the maker of traffic agreed it was a problem with the traffic and paid him to Resand our floors completely-at their expense. Now the waves.

Our finisher has again said he's walking and to find another finisher!!!!!

Do we have any recourse?

How do we fix this?

All advice is greatly appreciated!

Michelle

Comments (6)