SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muscat_gw

laminate flooring installation questions

muscat
16 years ago

I have become very familiar with the kitchen forum, but have only popped in here occasionally. I'm about to commit to laminate flooring for my kitchen remodel, and I hear how easy laminate is, but there are still some things that I just cannot resolve.

I'll be using Alloc Commercial (vermont slate) and it will be about 120SF.

1. Should I have the floor go under the DW and range, or only up to these areas, then use something else of the same height as the floor (11mm I think) to bring the appliances to the right height? One floor rep said you have to bring the floor under the DW so that any leak stays ON TOP of the floor, but another said that any leak would likely get underneath the floor anyway, so it was easier to just run the floor along the front and use something else under the DW.

2. This floor will go on a cement slab, and there is an exterior door in the room. How do I transition from the laminate to the door?

3. Can I use a T molding at the transitions from laminate to carpet? The Alloc brochure indicates using a square nose at the carpet, but the tack strip for the carpet had to get pulled up in the remodel, so I'd like something to secure and hide that carpet edge.

4. Since I'm on cement, how do I secure T moldings, or door moldings? Is a construction adhesive OK?

Thanks!!!

Comments (5)