SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennye_gw

concrete floor topping...nightmare experience. Help!

jennye
16 years ago

I have concrete floors in the upstairs and downstairs and decided to get a microtopping done on the kitchen and baths. I hired a contractor who agreed also to do the counters. He does the work for the Expo, so I figured he would be good, although I hired him independently. Well, the counters were awful...cracked in numerous places, full of holes, the sink was not centered over the sink cabinet and the faucet looked like the leaning tower of pisa, as he couldnt get the seams to match. Where there were seams, one side would be noticeably higher than the other side. THe overhang was uneven and hunks of concrete had fallen out. I could go on and on, but he gave me most of the money back and removed the counters (tearing my cabinets in the process). The floors looked awful and the handyman scuffed them up from moving things around. Wherever they scored, they also sawed into the wall, which I had to have patched in probably 15 places. The saw marks were uneven and two areas where they went back were black on a grey background, because they could not match the color. The sealer which I paid $600 for did not take. Any water that hits the floor left black marks which lasted for days. It took months and multiple threats to call the ROC to get a partial refund on the counters and I knew I would never get a refund on the floors. The ctr. agreed to do them over and again after a few months of threats, he did. Well, the sealer again is not taking and he has agreed to do add more coats. Not to mention that I dont think they cleaned the floor before putting the sealer on! THere is hair and dirt sealed into the floor! Also, the floor is so soft! Is this normal? My small parrot pushed some change off the counter and you can see the imprints of the edges perfectly in the floor! Is this normal???? Please help. I dont know what to do anymore.

jenny

Here is a link that might be useful: floor

Comment (1)