SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runsnwalken

Questions regarding cats/replace,repair costs and soft paws

runsnwalken
15 years ago

I was wondering how much does it cost to repair mild to mod furniture damage made by cats. Also how many of you use soft paws to control damage and unwanted scratching of people or furniture.

My two cats Bindi almost 3 and Leopalorn almost 2 are both scratching post trained, but still damage from time to time so far the matt by the food and water bowl and the padding mattress I use as a bed comfort has been damaged the most...( Only if I stupidly expose it, otherwise it is safe). In gen I clip Bindi's claws because he kneads on me, Leopalorn doesn't so I usealy do not clip his claws.

( as far as damage goes on the rest of it,( chairs, sofas) its difficult to blame cat or human), - I used to be hard on our furniture when young- I stuck steak/butter knives into it, lol, and there was a time we had a clawed cat (Tom) and didn't have a scratching post- dumb i know! but that was before Bindi and Leopalorn, we got a post with Bindi, who was a free kitten at the time.. (Tom, 16, isn't the cat I will be taking if possible, he is my dads so even if he does have issues it wont be meaningful to the suitation)

I ask these questions because I have mild Autism and will be moving into a group home setting in a few years or more, I do not wish to de claw and want to know how much repair/if they do something would cost/ and the stories of people who use Soft paws. If no group home will take the cats clawed I will either keep them with parents or re-home them. I was thinking of experimenting with soft paws now... a few years ahead of time... so that when I do move they will be used to them, if every buddy is fine with it... cats, and group home.... great.. if not they will fall out and cats can do whatever at mom and dads place- they don't really care..( we have a cat free summer home up north where we keep our nice furniture)

my parents have offered to pay for the soft paws replacements when I leave too.

Comment (1)