SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovepink_gw

Adults only and mothers don't understand that.

ilovepink
17 years ago

For the fifth year in a row we will be having our annual Christmas party next weekend. The invite always says "Cocktails" and cheer etc.,.

Last year a few friends with children asked if they could bring them. I had to tell the parents then when they said they didn't have a sitter that it was fine if they brought the babies as they could put them upstairs and let them sleep. BTW none of these mothers were breastfeeding at the time. If they were I definitely didn't have an issue. But I made it clear for the ones that were crawling that our house is not baby proof and this was an adults only party.

We have a metal and glass table that I have even cut myself on. I have poinsettas all over the house by then. Glass ornaments on the tree. Its not a barbecue. It's china, glass and silverware that dinner is served off of. So little fingers pulling glasses down (thought of) makes me cringe!

This year two of these same mothers now with toddlers that are into their 2nd and 3rd year said they would just stop by and see how long the kids last. I don't want to be mean but it's just not appropriate to have kids at this party. We have a bartender and it's a party where all our friends wait for it to come and enjoy it!

Now we don't have kids. But, when we do we will still continue with this party and I will be sending our kids to grandparents over night. We will not have our kids at this party b/c it's an adult party.

I am invisioning my ornaments broken. Furniture gooped with food from their kids. I'm not happy but at this point I don't want to be a bad person. Also it makes me feel bad then that so many of the other friends have actually gotten sitters.

Also, one of these women works so she sends her child to a daycare daily. Yet, she says that she just can't leave her child with a sitter. The other one says her in-laws are busy. My opinion is to find someone else.

I'm so aggravated.

Plus, If I have to confront them guess who is the bad guy. Me. Not my husband.

So put this on the list of people not knowing how to RSVP and not understanding what adult only means.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County