SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gratefulbree

Need advice on party planning!

gratefulbree
15 years ago

Hello, would welcome any advice anyone has, this is a tricky subject. I am turning 30 in May and my boyfriend and I are also celebrating our 5 year "anniversary". I know it seems silly but it's a big deal to us as we have been through a lot together. Anyway I want to have a party with friends and family but I am not really sure how to word the invite. Is it appropriate to mention the anniversary since we are not married? I want to celebrate both and I don't want the bf to feel left out. I am inviting his family too. On the other hand, I don't want people to feel like they have to bring gifts at all let alone for two occasions. I just want to somehow incorporate the anniversary so that my closest understand the happiness that I have with my boyfriend and the milestone it is. Both of my parents are disabled and our grandmothers are both quite old, so this may be the last time we are all together in this way. I don't think a wedding is in the very near future. Hope someone has some words of wisdom!

Thanks!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida