Calories needed to maintain weight

cheerful1_gw

I'm 5'3", 126 pounds. My metabolism has slowed down, so I can't eat what I used to without gaining weight. I want to start counting calories, but don't know how many I can take in per day to stay the same weight.

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

You have just told us that your metabolism has changed, therefore neither you nor we have any idea what your maintenance level is. You will have to experiment - which means keeping records for a while. Start with something like 1500 calories, do that for a week and see what happens and then adjust accordingly. The other alternative is to step up your exercise.

Save    
cheerful1_gw

Thanks, I will start experimenting and see what happens.

Save    
tombrooklyn

Get in tune with your body and eat until you are full, but not more than that. Your body tells you when it's full. The only question is if you are listening.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular 7 Ways to Design Your Kitchen to Help You Lose Weight
In his new book, Slim by Design, eating-behavior expert Brian Wansink shows us how to get our kitchens working better
Full Story
More Rooms You Don’t Need a Workout Room, Just a Well-Trained Home
See how just the way you set up your TV, workstation or kitchen can help you stay fit this year
Full Story
Kitchen Sinks Everything You Need to Know About Farmhouse Sinks
They’re charming, homey, durable, elegant, functional and nostalgic. Those are just a few of the reasons they’re so popular
Full Story