SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_tlc_gw

Dinner party disaster :(

mrs_tlc
15 years ago

I am new to this board and hoping to find some suggestions...

okay, so DH says I worry to much but last night we had some friends over, casusal cookout - Just two other couples. And here's what happened: One is Vegan and One is just very picky so I tried to have a menu that would cover "normal" cookout food to appeal to the picky one and the opposite for the Vegan.

For appetizers we had raw veggies with hummus dip and a ranch dip and a cheese ball that DH makes with crackers. For dinner we had burgers, bratts, grilled veggies, baked beans, cucumber dill salad (Williams Sonoma recipe) and sun dried tomato potato salad (Williams Sonoma recipe too), Lemon Cello Torte from Cheesecake Factory. The picky one ate two burgers and that's it- not even desert, the Vegan brought her own burger and tabouli salad and I have pretty much everything left over.

Then, the grill ran out of gas in the middle of cooking. Fortunately we keep a backup tank. During dinner one of our cats jumped into a cement planter on the far side of the pool, in clear view of the dinner table and started peeing in it. Then jumped out and pooped on the patio next to the planter! Then DH is sitting there and the seat base of the dining room chair broke through!

DH says everyone had a great time. Conversation was great, we laughed like crazy most of the night and everyone stayed til 10:00 but I just felt inside like it was a big flop.

Any suggestions????????????

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH