10000 step program

sportsmom12

Okay- exercise rookie here. My husband and I are determined to try to get in shape and lose weight. One small device we bought was a pedometer.($24 at Dicks) We have it set to steps because I read an article that said you should motivate yourself to do 10-12K steps a day.

My husband is frustrated because when we take our walks- exactly the same I come up with alot more steps than him. I am sure it has something to do with our stride length- but can it really make that much of a difference? I almost double the steps.

Thanks for any advise. I think you can input your weight into this thing if you want to get fancy= just didn't know if that came into play

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pam_SewsAlot

Hi Sportsmom12,

I use a pedometer all the time. My friend that sometimes walks with me, uses one too. They are never the same when we complete our walk. However, there is not that big of a descrepency. Are yours the type that you calibrate? Or are they just a stepometer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Hopefully someone will come along and answer your question better than I.

Pam.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dexx215

Hi Sportsmon: Of course the number of steps is different. His stride is longer, but he is covering the same distance. I'm sure he is getting as much exercise as you. Keep it up!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular 12-Step Program for Architecture
Addicted to architecture? We understand. Here's something that may help ... or not
Full Story
Earth Day What's LEED All About, Anyway?
If you're looking for a sustainable, energy-efficient home, look into LEED certification. Learn about the program and its rating system here
Full Story
Housekeeping 5 Steps to Improve Your Heating System Now
Increase your heater's efficiency and safety for lower energy bills and greater peace of mind this winter
Full Story