SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pink_overalls

Welcome lunch for ladies

pink_overalls
14 years ago

I would like to host a small luncheon to welcome a new neighbor. I thought I would pass the idea by her first and if she is comfortable with it, ask about five or six other women neighbors who are friends of mine. I'd like it to be informal, nothing intimidating for her. My dining table is round and would be crowded with seven people, so dining would be buffet-style. I have adequate seating and end tables and such for this kind of service. I'm not very experienced at entertaining, so I have some questions:

How much advance notice is appropriate? Everyone is retired, but busy. Do I have to check with everyone's schedule before finalizing a date?

What would be an appropriate start time? Noon or earlier? Do I specify a end-of-party time on an invitation?

I know invited friends will ask what they can bring, but I like to have complete menu control. I want to be generous, and I want the food to be Just So, as in My Way. What do I politely say to gals who offer to bring something?

The menu might be a variety of three or four pretty, open faced sandwiches, sweet and unsweet iced tea, (I'm in the South, y'all), some fresh fruit, and a watermelon bombe for dessert. Feedback? Should I end with coffee as well?

Are there dietary restrictions I need to accommodate?

I'm happy to get any advice. Thanks.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions