SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yborgal

Stretching the food (long, but interesting)

yborgal
21 years ago

What a strange day yesterday turned out to be. Our niece is in the hospital and because of that my SIL felt it was "wrong" for the family to get together. I disagreed, but, hey, it's her daughter. So I planned on having my son, his girlfriend,her daughter and my in laws for lunch at 1:00. At 10:30 my SIL called saying I should invite her son in law and her 2 grandkids because the dad & kids were sad & upset they had not been invited anywhere. (She NEVER invites anyone over; it's too much trouble) So, I called and invited them and they said they'd love to come. At this point, I still had lots of food. At 11:00, the other niece calls and asks if they could come,too. This is another 4 people. Then at 11:10, my SIL says as long as everyone else is coming, they'd like to come,too. Well, the ham and the rest of the food wasn't going to stretch for another 9 people. So I went through my freezer and pantry. Made an extra vegetable casserole, boiled eggs for a deviled egg tray. Made a bigger salad. Pulled some Italian sausage out of the freezer (did a quick thaw) and roasted it with onions and peppers. Baked a pound cake. Called everyone and told them to come at 1:30. I can't believe that when they got there, the tables were set, the food was ready and the kitchen was clean. What a crazy day! Has anyone else had this happen to them on such short notice?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!
More Discussions