SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sushipup1

Cooking for one... (sigh)

sushipup1
15 years ago

Jim is away for two weeks. I don't think we've ever had more than a week apart in the last 32 years, and I am mopey, with none but the pups to keep me company.

I can get out for lunch with a couple of friends, but I am a little lost at nights. When Jim is home, we have a division of responsibilities for cooking. He makes coffee in the AM while I am still int he shower (note to self: make it stronger), and he cooks most meats, except when I do casseroles or crock-pots or soups or stews. He'd never meet a green veggie if it were not for me, and I've always done all the veggies and salads, altho he does most potatoes, which I rarely eat.

My normal diet does not include starches like bread, rice or potatoes. I haven't cooked for myself alone much in years.

I can do soup, have some things frozen. Salads with some chicken or shrimp. A large artichoke from Pezzini's Artichoke Stand down the road in Castroville with a side of fish, maybe. So what else sounds good to you? I am completely unaccustomed to smaller portions. I feel a little lost, to tell the truth.

Not much ambition here, as you can plainly tell.

Jim is on business in Romania (!) and taking a weekend trip to Transylvania, no less. I am sooooo jealous! OTOH, I get to go to the dog show this weekend, and see my pup Owsley who might actually finish his championship this weekend (knock on wood!)

So I need the help of my friends!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting