marci_pa

SS Support - Mon. 4/19 thru Sun. 4/25

marci_pa
20 years ago

Good Morning!

Comments (47)

• kathy_
    20 years ago

Good morning Marci and all! I heard a tip on the radio this weekend - wear your jeans! The way they fit will keep you reminded to stay on your lifetime eating plan. Bye, Kathy

• maddie_in_ky
    20 years ago

Good morning!

I'm here, but in and out. I managed to live through tax season, so I consider that to be a victory!! LOL!

Well, my car died, and it's not worth it to keep fixing it, so DH and I are fighting about a ""new"" car. I want to get a used Camry, and he is thinking of the buy-here pay-here variety. Ummmm.... no. Why would I get rid of a POC to get another one? Sigh......

Gotta go--I'll post more about this later--this problems ties into the job situation, so when I spell all of this out, maybe you all can give me some advice.

Hugs,

Maddie

• Related Discussions

SS Support Mon. 1/29 thru Sun. 2/4

Q

Comments (22)
    Raeanne~This is already one spoiled baby! LOL She is the first grandbaby on both sides. She is only 6 hours from her DM's DPs so they get to see her way more often & of course they have done their share of spoiling. Of course, you wouldn't know that the DGSs weren't my biological ones b/c I spoil them as much or more. There is something about it--I just cannot help myself. We are going to babysit the youngest DGS while his momma is in school. That should be fun. (You should see the packages that we are taking for Valentine's Day for all 3 & then DGS #1's b'day is on Valentine's Day. Close to DeeMarie's! Please remember my DS on the 8th. That is when she has her surgery. They are going through the front of her neck to remove a vertabra & there is a slight chance that she might not make it & a slight chance that she would not be able to speak again. Dee~Sorry that you are under the weather. That is never any fun. I'll try to get back on here tomorrow before the Super Bowl starts--if I have finished with my packing. I have most of it done but am waiting on some clothes to dry. Since we have to go to a laundromat, I don't like to have my clothes dried there & prefer to have them hung up to dry. Have a Super day everyone--you must be since nobody is posting. :) Patti
    ...See More

SS Support Mon. 2/13 thru Sun. 2/19

Q

Comments (44)
    Happy birthday, Dee Marie! Hope it's a wonderful birthday. It's finally cold here after weeks of being in the 70's and 80's. The temp is actually dropping this morning. It's now 25 degrees and very windy here in north Texas. But, it's also about time. QOD: I've got lots of picking up, then cleaning, to do, and laundry as always. My last day of work is Monday. I have such mixed feelings about things right now. The parents have been so sweet, but the children are being awful which will actually make it a little easier to go. LOL I have a dr.'s appt. on Tuesday for my pre-op workup, dentist appt. Wed., and helping son move into his first home on Thursday. NHSuzanne, I think it's great that your dh is bonding with the new donkey. Raeanne, I hope the PT works out as you hope. Sounds so ambitious to me. Marci, we had our Valentine party on the Friday before the actual day, sugared them up, then sent them home for the weekend. Tuesday, I brought heart cookies and they each had one. It was a very nice day. Donna, we're going to try to see "Last Holiday" this weekend, too. Hope we all like it. Joanne, sending good thought and ((((hugs))) for you and your dear mom. Zig, being without power is the pits, isn't it? Once we were w/o it during a January ice storm, and I had to finally break down and take a shower and shampoo my dirty hair. It was pure misery, but I had to keep a dentist appt. since the ice had melted, so had no choice. Tikanas, how is your knee now? My knee-replacement surgery may be delayed so that they can attempt some in-office procedure on my other knee so that it's in good shape to see me through. Hi, Maddie, BJ, and Happyto! I miss reading y'all's interesting posts. Happyto, please start posting here. It's such good therapy, and you are such a neat person to read. Take care and stay warm, everyone!
    ...See More

SS Support - Mon. 4/30 thru Sun. 5/6

Q

Comments (28)
    Lynn~I want to meet up with you too. I cannot stress how much I would like that. Was it a "purrrrrrr-fect" day? I hope so. Thanks for all the well wishes & prayers. I talked again to Tikanis yesterday as well as IMing with Jen. Both are doing well. I think that Jen just has a pretty heavy load with the girls. I've let my little Sis know that I'm here for her & knowing that I've gone through the same thing two times before, hopefully, will help her through. I'm not saying anything ugly to her about her husband. I'm just telling her to be certain to stand up for herself & be sure to get what is rightfully hers. TX is a good state to be in for that. She said tonight that she knows that she will be better off & happier but it is really hard right now b/c she is so angry with him. I understand that anger. She does have the support of all of her family except for her oldest daughter. I know that part is killing her. She also went back to the dr. today & her neck still hasn't fused from back in early February. After 8 years, it certainly has been a comfort to me to know that I can always come here & talk to my friends & sisters. I've told everybody what a special group that I have here. I don't tell them where I post though. LOL This is my place to be friends with each of you. My goal eventually would be to meet each one of you in person. Dave has his 30th class reunion this year & we had planned on going up the east coast but we probably won't now b/c we have planned to go to his parents 50th wedding anniversary in TX & back to TX to spend Christmas with the DSs & DGD. (DarlingGD!) LOL I wish that you had been able to see her picture. Be good to yourselves b/c you are worth it. Patti :)
    ...See More

SS Support Mon. 4/28 thru Sun. 5/4

Q

Comments (54)
    Good Friday morning! I've already worked out and had breakfast. It looks like rain is heading our way. We've been teased with droplets all week, but nothing happened. Today it's dark and muggy, so we have a good chance! Happy birthday, Magic Kitty! Hope to see you posting again when you can. I'm going over to my youngest Dson's house tomorrow for the weekend. We'll all go to Alexis's soccer game at 1, then Dson and DDIL are going to a birthday bash, and I get those girls all to myself! I'll be back Sunday afternoon. This time, I'm planning ahead and taking snack foods and ingredients I'll need to have in order to stay on WW. Not going to get caught without this time!!! I love the feel of mud squishing through my toes. I was allowed to play in it when I was little, I let my sons play in it, and I'd encourage my DGDs to do it also. Nothing else quite like it! I've FINALLY finished those little cloth books for Aubrie!!! I am such a procrastinator sometimes. I know she'll be happy to see them. She loves books and having people read to her. When she stubbed her toe the other night while I was talking to my son on the phone, she tried to shove her new "Bambi" book through the phone to have me read it to her! Can't wait to do that in person. Marci, I know you're going to have a wonderful trip. We'll miss you, but so happy you're getting to do this. McPeg, enjoy your time with your in-laws! BJ, do tell us what kind of act you're doing tonight. I'm betting it's something very interesting! Dee, I noticed that you take a Geritol Complete at bedtime. Is that a multi-vitamin? Does it not bother your sleep to take it then? I think that I've actually read somewhere that it was most effective to take a vitamin then, but I worry about getting too much "energy" or whatever by taking it then. Got to get busy picking up around here and packing my food and things for tomorrow. I'm going to work out first, then leave from there to go to Beaumont. Have a great weekend!
    ...See More
  • aka_raeanne
    20 years ago

The party was very nice, but somewhere around the Pinot Noir (4th wine) it went downhill for me. I don't remember anything, but everyone says I was fine, just very happy, huggy and kissy. My DD said I was just FUNNY. I must learn to SIP and SPIT next time. I got several calls the next day to thank us and say how nice it was.

I have a ton of work to do and very little time to do it in. I will report more later (if I remember anything to report) LOL.

• Wild_Chicken
    20 years ago

Marci~ That's a nice picture. I like it! I wish all that love would REALLY start surrounding the world!

Maddie~ Sorry to hear about your vehicle. Bummer. I hope it's not TOO tied into your job. Sometimes if you just jump and take a chance, things have a way of working themselves out! Let's all brainstorm and see what we can come up with! We need details when you get some time!

Raeanne~ WoW! Sounds like the 3 ounce size glasses are in order here! In Washington, wine tasting is pretty popular. We have lots of small wineries in western Washington, which get their grapes from eastern Washington! I only go to the wineries when I have company. The people like the tours! I'm happy to hear the event went off without a hitch!

Well, I'm a great aunt today. My niece had a 9lb, 6oz little boy this weekend. 30 hour labor, but he's here. We're thrilled!

Today is floor guy day. I have 2 companies coming to look at my floors. The hardwood here is way past it's prime. I'm dreading the estimates. I'm still getting estimates on paint and the prices are out of sight! What the heck cost so darn much???????? And, of course, the landscapers have dropped off the edge of the earth.

Then more laundry, and a bunch of errands: school registration, organizing tools, phone calls, and the like. It must be Monday.

• besh
    20 years ago

Hi Guys,

I'm here. We just got comcast installed this past weekend and I can't believe how fast it is. I am used to the dial up and that never really bothered me, but wow, this is great.

Maddie, I am sorry about your car. I can tell you that my Mom has a Camry and loves it. She has had it for about 4 years now and said she would buy another.

Raeanne, you party girl you. I also could not be trusted at a wine party. I love the stuff, but I don't think I could switch to different types. I would find one and stick with it until it was gone!

BJ, I thought that you were supposed to be slowing down!

My brother gets admitted to the hospital tonight. He has had good luck with the harvest of his stem cells. They were able to get the 2million that was needed on the first day which is great. Tomorrow he starts with mega chemo treatments that will really wipe him out. He will get those every day this week. :-( Next Tuesday is the actual replacement procedure. Please keep those positive thoughts coming for Pete!

I'm on vacation this week and the weather today is perfect. Almost a little hot considering what we have been having. I have been outside doing some gardening and now I am going to attempt cleaning my closet.

I had a surprise party Saturday night for my 13 y.o. DS. He was totally shocked. It was great fun. His friends were awesome to be able to keep it from him and they had such a good time with it. I rented a karaoke machine, and they were not bashful to get on it. I was on it a couple of times myself. Maybe I have a new career ahead of me! "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" is my song!

Hello to everyone else. I will post more later.

Love, Besh

• deemarie5500
    20 years ago

BJ, drop me an e:mail with the estimates and the details, etc. My DH is a "floor guy"!!!

Besh, I am the proud owner of a Karaoke machine. Lots of fun!!! I use it when I'm alone; sometimes DH sings Elvis to me (ohh, la la!!!). I intend to use it when we have company and there's a lull...really brings out the "ham" in people, eh? LOL!!!

[[[[[[[[[[[[TO BESH, PETE, AND FAMILY]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

I will know in about 3 hours what my DH's blood result issues were about. Please wish us good luck. I'm trying not to be so anxious, but every once in a while here at the office, I look at the clock and wish the appointment was over and done with.....sheesh, I hate the waiting.

Marci, cute GIF!!! Thanks for being so creative!

Maddie, most car mechanics sing the praises of Toyotas. I don't think you will regret getting one; I hear they last forever. I've got a friend who has one with over 200,000 miles. Just the outside looks a bit ragged, but overall, it runs really well. Good luck, sweetie...with everything!

Hope everyone is starting out this week healthy and happy!

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• besh
    20 years ago

DeeMarie, thinking of you and DH and hoping that things are going well. Thank you for always being so upbeat and positive!!! I love that about you.

Besh

• deemarie5500
    20 years ago

Good Tuesday Morning everyone!

OK, here are DH's results: cholesterol...too much of the bad stuff and not enough of the good stuff. This was the first time I had met his doctor, and I was unprepared for this visit. He took almost 45 minutes to discuss these results!! He carefully laid out a medicine, exercise, and modified plan, and told us his rationale for each suggestion...complete with clinical study results! What a guy; I thought there were none of those left anymore. He did suggest that DH get 200 minutes of brisk walking in every week, so that should help me too! I've been begging that guy to walk with me! LOL!! Thanks for all the support and being here for me. It's my personality to go over the top over things, but it's hard to think that someone you love so much might be ill.....

I've got to go and finish that stupid presentation I have to give next week. I go "on" at 8:30am, and think I'll pass around the Vivarin pills before I speak. This stuff is dry, humorous, and I know I'll get some yawners, but it's what my director wants me to drive home to them.

Besh, good to "see" you around lately! Still holding Pete in prayers.

Hello to everyone....please check in Jen, John, Gretchen, KY Susie, Patti, Amy, Joanne.....we are missing all of you!!

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!!!
    DeeMarie

• Wild_Chicken
    20 years ago

(((((((((((((Besh))))))))))))))) I think of you and your family and brother every day. The transplant procedure is so agonizing to go through, with the ups and downs encountered throughout the treatment. I hope with all my heart your brother minimum pain and maximum support in his brave journey. Take care of yourself so you can be strong for him. Best wishes to you. Keep the faith.

The party for your 13-yr old sounds fun! That takes a lot of planning!

DeeMarie~ Thanks so much for the offer to look over the bids. I'm taking you up on it! I'd love to just find someone I could thoroughly trust. They all say different things about the floor! I wish I knew more about hardwood and the process of refinishing it! Scares me!

I have 2 more paint estimators coming today. The first one gave me an estimate that is so out of sight high, I can't believe it's true. I guess I'll see today if the others come anywhere near his prices----I hope not! lol!

John~ Your bookends are on the way---sorry so late! :) UPS'd yesterday!

Maddie! Toyotas are great! I loved mine----had it for years! I had a bright yellow Corolla. I drove it from Alaska to Seattle down the Alcan highway twice and it hummed all the way. Then I drove it all over Seattle forever. I received my tix for the BBQ yesterday---you coming????? I hope so; I'd love to see you!

Well, I'm off to take kiddles to school, entertain estimators, serve lunch at school (every Tues), and get organized! Our deck guy is coming over tonight to discuss the care and feeding of our deck. Too bad we're headed for Alaska for the summer and won't get to use it! Ah, well, the housesitter will love it! Life!

• Wild_Chicken
    20 years ago

DeeMarie~ I forgot to say congrats on finding such a caring doc! And I KNOW you'll take care of DH and get him on a good, strong exercise plan! ((((((HUGS)))))) Glad everything turned out to be diet and exercise related!

• maddie_in_ky
    20 years ago

Good morning!

(((((Besh and Pete))))) He's in my thoughts and pr@yers--

Dee--gosh! I didn't know that docs like that existed any more. (Although, my gyna is fab!). I'm with BJ--thank heavens it's diet & exercise related! (((((((hugs!!!)))))))

BJ--I have my tix in my hot, grubby hand! I can hardly wait to see youse guys!!! :):)

Has anyone heard from Zig? I wonder about her, and hope she is well. Likewise, Happyto. Amy? Patti? John? Karen? Myrna? KYSusieQ? Hellllllloooooooo....... we miss you!

Gotta go--

Hugs,

Maddie

PS--BJ--I'm plotting on another hat since last year's was so much fun! heehee! :)

• aka_raeanne
    20 years ago

Besh - Sending bunches of love and positive thoughts to you and your brother! WTG on DS party.

Maddie - I had a Camry and loved it.

DeeMarie - Sounds like DH is in good hands - your's and the Docs.

BJ - I don't envy you going through the flooring and landscaping right now. But you have survived much worse LOL. I start some very intense Reiki training for the next 8 days, so I may not be around much - and when I am here, I may not be "here" LOL - so I apologize in advance for not making any sense this week (sounds like it already started) LOL.

Just labeled over 1000 newsletters for my wildcare group, now I have to go drop them off at the mailing center. Then off to work to try and cram a weeks worth of work into a couple hours. Then off to a school meeting - they want to BUY some property for ball fields that are so far from the school - I am mad because my neighbor was willing to donate to them a huge parcel that is walking distance from the school - so now they want the community to back them and raise our taxes again.

As I told BJ, I am attending Reiki classes this week and may not be around much - they last all day and can be quite draining. But as you all know, I'm always with you.

• aka_raeanne
    20 years ago

I e-mailed Zig to let her know about French Lick and to say hi from all of us. It usually takes a few days to hear back - as she is out of town a lot. When I do hear, I will update everyone.

• jprakia
    20 years ago

Hi gang,

Well I didnt hear back on the job so I guess I didnt get it. Oh well, im going to keep trying and sending out the resume.

I went to the Doc today and was down 6 pounds, its kept me off of high blood pressure meds, so im going to keep at it.

There is a lot going on! however my time to read has gone way way down :( they are keeping me busy and off the web.

Thanks BJ! I actually got a fortune in my cookie that said a happy letter or package was headed my way.. how did they know!

Spring has finally sprung and I cant be happier about it, well besides the fact that I got a spring cold :/

Been looking forward to playing some golf this summer!

Both of my friends had their babies, but ive been sick so not able to see either yet :( One is a girl, Julia. The other a boy Braden. I been joking that they will grow up as childhood friends and get married. All parents involved cringe at the thought, im enjoying that...

How much does house sitting pay? I could use a summer job :) I could even throw in the paiting too, I watch a lot of Trading Spaces.. I want to apply to the show but I have to be honest, its just a sneaky way to get Paige Davis to come visit me :) ( she is so dreamy)

I hope everyone is doing OK and getting some well needed sunshine. I will poke my head back in here asap!

John

• deemarie5500
    20 years ago

Great to hear from you John!

Please call back to be sure you did not get the job. Sometimes there are glitches in those situations. We have offerred people jobs; only to have them turn us down because they were playing us against another. We then think it's too late to ask another interviewee if they are still interested because so much time has passed, so we go through the entire process again. Don't be afraid to call as ask if they are still interested in speaking with you.....if not, ask them if they could share with you why you didn't get it, so that you can concentrate on those areas during your next interview...it couldn't hurt if you are willing to accept some constructive criticism.

Gotta go to meeting #1 (of TEN!!) today.

Some good news...my director saw my slides thus far and told me "Perfect! Don't change a thing!".

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!!!
    DeeMarie

• nhsuzanne
    20 years ago

Good Morning All,

John, good to hear from you and sounding so upbeat too!

Raeanne, don't you hate when the wine goes right to your head? At least you didn't make a complete ass out of yourself! Who knew what a party girl you are? Glad it was a success.

DeeMarie, glad that DH's blood work came out well. Hopefully, he will take it seriously. My DH doesn't take his health very seriously and it drives me nuts. He just got his cholestrol test back and it's 272 with the bad stuff at 170 or something like that. It doesn't seem to have made any impact on him.

BJ, you sound very busy as usual. I have to find a good landscaper to help me with GOAT landscaping! Thanks for that site you connected me to. I have been doing research there and have even written the doctor. I am breathlessly awaiting his reply!

Besh, I will continue to send positive thoughts to you and your family as well as keep them in my prayers. What hospital is he in? Enjoy your vacation time! Wasn't yesterday spectacular?

Maddie, sorry your car died. I had a Toyota pickup truck that we put 290,000 mile on. We sold it for $2,000 and knew it had alot of life in it still. No rust it was a really incredible vehicle. Keep on trucking.

I have had a rough couple of days. I lost a big account this week due to something completely out of my control. My client, a Portuguese classical dressage trainer, bought the June cover. When he submitted his photos for the cover my publisher didn't like any of them and proceeded to tell me she wanted a competitive dressage photo on the cover instead of classical.!!!!!! Excuse me? This is what this man does and since he had a classical cover last year what was wrong this year? I might not have had as much of a problem had I been given the opportunity to tell him a year ago that our publisher would like something different. But NO, at zero hour she pulls this. I am embarrassed over this and there is no resolution. Client and publisher have both dug in thier heals and there will be no compromise.....except publisher prevails. SO, my client shared with me that as a Portuguese man, this is a huge embarrassment to him and his pride is hurt. I feel awful because I can't do anything to change this. Of course he won't be advertising with us again. I can't understand why our publisher would choose to lose a 12 time a year advertiser who pays his bills on time!!! I was pretty devastated for a couple of days but I know I have to let this go and improve my attitude or I won't do well selling this month........ then there is the $2,500 off my ad list too! I really feel as though our publisher has been unreasonable. To top this all off she gave the cover to another ad rep to sell and I never got the chance!! That's fair oh yeah!

So that's my tale of woe today. I know I have to stop my whining and get over it. I have other worries with my DS. She has more testing tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

• besh
    20 years ago

Good Morning,

Thanks for all the well wishes for Pete. I did speak with him this morning and he sounds good just very tired and a little stressed. He is having mega chemo twice a day for 5 days. Today is day 2. My sister and I spent the day yesterday with my Mom. This is very hard on her so we are just trying to keep her busy. You guys are so wonderful, please keep those prayers coming!

Dee, I am happy that your DH had the news that he did. At least it is something that is controllable. What a great Dr. he has to take so much time with him.

John, it was good to hear from you. Nothing wrong with wanting Paige at your house. She is cute and seems like fun to be around. Maybe you could even get some decorating done!

Now about that surprise party for DS. Monday night I was putting away the rest of the party stuff and I realized that I could not find my video camera. Believe me, I have searched this house and it is no where to be found. The last two boys that left the house kind of ran out the door and yelled goodbye. Nobody saw them leave (I was in the bathroom, DS was getting something in his bedroom and DH had taken the dog for a walk). These two boys are not my favorites out of all of DS friends. I really did not want to include them but did for many reasons that I won't get into right now. So anyway, I don't know what to think. There are just so many places that this camera could be and it is not any place. What would you think and what would you do? It is not even a year old and we paid over $500. for it. I did call the insurance company, even though I am not ready to give into a claim. I would have to report it to the police, and I really don't want it to come out in the newspaper, plus we have a $250. deductible, so to me, it is not worth it to go that route. My son is willing to call his friends and ask them if they have seen the camera. I am not accusing anybody, but I honestly don't know what to think. Any thoughts?

Got to run. I'll check in later.

Love, Besh

• deemarie5500
    20 years ago

NH Suzanne, so sorry about your situation at work. I don't know what to tell you about being in the middle; although I've been there myself. Just need to wait it out, I guess.

Besh, I would ask your son to ask ALL the partygoers if they saw the camera. That way, it gives no one an opportunity to feel like he is being accused. Maybe someone will fess up that they saw another "move" it or take it away..... Good luck, and continued prayers for PETE!!

Well, I've just completed meeting #4, which was my Weight Watchers meeting. I have lost a total of 20 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipeeeeee; I could not be happier, and I'm looking forward to continuing this trend. Down, down, down.....

Gotta go; I've got another meeting to get to.
    D

• Wild_Chicken
    20 years ago

(((((((((((((((BESH and PETE))))))))))))))))) Back in the morning to read and respond, but had to get my huggles for Besh in before the day is out..........Think of you a million times a day.

NHSuzanne~ A box arrived on my porch today...it's beautiful on the outside, but I'm waiting, waiting..... XXOO!

• besh
    20 years ago

You guys are something else. I am so touched by the love and support. I know I can't explain it, but I know that you understand it because I think we have all felt it here. Thanks so much.

Love you all, Besh

• maddie_in_ky
    20 years ago

Good morning all!

Besh--we love you, too! It never ceases to amaze me that I know that I can come here and no matter what mood I'm in or what problems I have, I know there is a shoulder and love and hugs waiting. These ladies ROCK! :) How did Pete do yesterday with day 2?

NHSuzanne--man! That blows! I'm sorry--you and he must be so frustrated! (The Louisville Slugger bat factory is downtown--want me to send you one??? LOL!!)

John--sorry, too, that you didn't get that job. I'm in the same boat with you, my friend, if that makes you feel any better. I've read that over 60% of working Americans are just waiting for the job situation to improve, and then they are switching jobs. I think this was on CNN.

BJ--10 days! I can hardly wait!!! :):)

Well, the Derby festivities are in full swing, and I can't believe it's here already! I love this time of year, because of all of the visitors--what fun!! We only do 2 weeks, but Indianapolis does the whole month of May for the Indy 500--now, *that's* civilized!!!!

Gotta go--hope all is well with everyone!

Hugs,

Maddie

• nhsuzanne
    20 years ago

Good Morning All,

Maddie, I don't think a bat would do the trick but if it would, I would order one IMMEDIATELY. I have to be a big girl and trust that this is going to work out just exactly the way it's supposed to. Everthing is perfect the way it is.

I read on my homepage that having a friend at work is the most important part of most peoples job. It's pretty interesting.

BJ, you have to wait one more day before you RIP your package open!
    Be a good girl.

When is the KY Derby? I am going to be in Richmond, VA on May 1,2,and 3rd at a horse expo. I wonder how far the Derby is?

Raeanne, how is your class coming along? I want to come and have you work on me!

Besh, hope you locate that camera.

I will check in later.

Here is a link that might be useful: Secrets you shouldn't tell at work

• Wild_Chicken
    20 years ago

Raeanne~ I hope your training is going smoothly. One of my girlfriends has helped me so much with Reiki. It's the coolest. :)

NHSuzanne~ GAD! I was so peeved hearing about your cover story and feeling for the man who bought it and then got his photo dissed! I have been trying to cool off my opinion of your boss for 2 days! Then, you, serene person, come on and say everything is as it should be. That is class. I'm amazed that you let it slide, but when you think about it, really, you're right. I hope the mag boss apologized to the guy though. Too bad the account was lost. Bummer. All jobs have good and bad, eh? Derby is 1st Saturday in May! (your link didn't work for me)

BESH! ARG! What a drag that your camera grew legs at the end of such a good party. My first instinct was to tell you to corner those boys and tell them that they were one Tae Bo class away from an ass kickin', but I like Dee Marie's solution better. I hope you get your camera back, girlfriend. (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) ((((Here's my Petey hugs for today too))))

JOHN! Miss you! Hope the package gets there in one piece! It's a tough job, keeping up with those fortune cookies! You can house sit for me and have Paige come and re-do my house! yay! But it may need a Clean Sweep first!!!!! lol!

DeeMarie~~~~~ WAY TO GO on the loss!!!!! My heavens, woman, you're on a HOT streak! Stay with it! Ya gotta love the point system!

Amy-----Check in! We miss you! And by the way, the Blood Center here is looking for someone to design their 2005 auction mask face for people to decorate---deadline is end of June! Interested? They called to see if I knew anyone who was GOOD---I said YOU! Can I give them your number?

Well, I gotta fly! I have weight lifting at 10pm tonight and I still have to warm up! YI!!!!!!!!

• Wild_Chicken
    20 years ago

Maddie~ I am looking forward to seeing you, hearing your wonderful laugh, and watching you stir up trouble with the guv'ner again. You never STOP!

• nhsuzanne
    20 years ago

Good Morning,

BJ, what are you doing up so late/early???? Are you opening you birthday present???? Weight lifting at 10pm?
    Give me strength, I am tired just thinking about it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL FRIEND.

• marci_pa
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Let's have a party!
    Happy Birthday
    BJ!

• jprakia
    20 years ago

Happy Birthday
    BJ!

• deemarie5500
    20 years ago

I agree, lifting weights at 10pm! if we could harness your energy, we could power the world :)

also Happy B-day BJ!!!!!!

Well today is my first day off in over a week and its raining... waaah! I was looking forward to playing a little golf, but guess a nice nap will have to do ;)

Sorry to hear about the situation at work NHSuz, you really care about your clients and is sad that they are not backing you up on that :(

Its good to be heard from DeeMarie and Besh :)

Well time to wrap things up at work and head home, off the whole weekend and I cant wait!

I hope you all have a supah one!

John

• maddie_in_ky
    20 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.........

HAPPY BIIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAAAAAY SWEET, THOUGHTFUL, FUN, LOYAL, BRIGHT, PRETTY, GREAT MOM & WIFE, BEEEEEEE JAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make it a great day!

• aka_raeanne
    20 years ago

BJ!! My beautiful, wonderful, incredible, magical sister!

Happy birthday to you
    I love ya bunches
    I think you're the best
    la la la la la la (I can't make anything rhyme w/ bunches that makes any sense!! LOL)

You are such an incredible woman, and I am so honored to be your friend. You are always caring, always compassionate, and always there, no matter what. I can not begin to tell you what knowing you means to me, I've always admired your spirit, your endless capacity for fun, and your fabulous sense of humor. I've appreciated your advice, your thoughts, and your shoulder more than I can say. I love you, my friend, and I hope this is a day filled with everything you deserve--

Hugs,

Maddie

• nhsuzanne
    20 years ago

I didn't want to rush this message, but find myself out of time.

Dear BJ - I am wishing you the very best for your birthday and always. I am so glad that you are my friend and sister. You are always an inspiration to me and your caring nature just shines through. I love the different slant you always seem to offer in your advice - it has made me open my eyes more than once and see things in a different light (that is always a good thing). You are a wonderful mom (my next life I am coming back as one of your's). Now if we could figure out a way to bottle and sell your energy - we would all be millionaires! Have a GREAT day and never forget you deserve all the happiness this universe has for you. Love ya, Raeanne

Classes are going GREAT, very moving and powerful. I am going to miss them when they are over. So until Thursday, I will only be checking in briefly. I miss all of you - you are a part of my daily routine - and I always look forward to hearing from each and everyone of you.

• jen823
    20 years ago

Wow, and all I could come up with was Happy Birthday!! Just kidding.

BJ, I share the sentiments expressed here by others. I do so appreciate your refreshing point of view and the support you show each and every one of us. I wish you a year of wonderful days, new adventures, and spiritual growth! May each day be better than the next.

Love , NHSuzanne

• aka_raeanne
    20 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!

BJ, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Have a great day.

Besh, my thoughts and prayers have been with you and Pete this week. I hope day 3 goes well for him. I hope the camera shows up. That has to be frustrating. Good Luck!

NH Suzanne, I am sorry about the account. How irritating.

Well, better run. It has been a busy week.

Jen

• nhsuzanne
    20 years ago

I was able to steal a few minutes before I am go.

NH Suzanne - I hope today is a better day for you. You sent me a copy of that issue last year and it was a gorgeous one - did you ever think that maybe you should be running that office? LOL

Besh - I am so sorry about the camera - that is a terrible feeling. I hope it just shows up some how. Still keeping Pete in my thoughts and prayers.

John - enjoy the weekend!

Maddie - I don't like Mint Julips, but everytime I think Derby - I see myself holding one LOL. Enjoy the festivities - I am so happy that you and BJ will be getting together - I don't think I can wait an entire year!

Marci - thanks for the decorations.

Gret - how are things going with the business?

Jen - Has a definite decision been made with Erica? I keep you and the girls in my thoughts.

Now I really do need to run

• jen823
    20 years ago

BJ is probably sleeping because she was up so late. LOL

Update: My boss spoke with my client this morning and there may be a compromise on the horizon. Client has agreed to use another photo and is sending overnight. SO, if photo is of good quality things will go forward! That would be great but I am not getting my hopes up until it's official. As I said before, everything is perfect the way it is.*

Raeanne, that thought has occured to me from time to time but those thoughts can be dangerous if not temered properly! LOL

• Wild_Chicken
    20 years ago

Raeanne, We see the ENT doctor on Wednesday at 9:15 for Erica and then we see Tara's doctor at 11:15. Hopefully we will know something after that. The way Erica acts now, you would never know she has been sick. So I am hoping that nothing will have to be done.

Jen

• besh
    20 years ago

Hi guys!

Just got back from taking all the offspring to school. The morning routine is always the same. Up at 5:15, leave the house at 6:40, back at 9:05! And I only lift weights every couple days in my small home gym, so it's easy and convenient to do it after the kids are snug in their beds and I have decompressed from the day---that'd be 10pm! I am not super woman---I don't do it every day! lol!

THANKS FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY WISHES---WOW! Made my day!!!!! TOTALLY! I was getting pretty sentimental reading them this morning! Well, then I opened this BEAUTIFUL package from NHSuzanne(the outside of the shipping box was decorated sky blue with white daisies all over it!)---and inside was a heavy gauge wire basket covered in shimmering silver material. Gorgeous---my teens asked if they could have it---hello? "NO!" Inside, there was a package of lavender bath tea, a "DO NOT DISTURB, I'm taking a mini-vacation" sign ---my teens asked if they could have it....."Noooooo!" and a great soft cotton pajama set with pictures of birthday cakes, presents, and a birthday cake recipe on them. Very cute! Wonderfully snazzy and comfy! THANKS, NHSUZANNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My day is going well. I'm enjoying the Seattle sprinkle we're having today and the landscapers have been working steadily for 3 days now, so I am (maybe falsely) under the impression that they'll continue to move forward every day.

Besh~ I hope Pete is doing well and his energy returns. If you get a chance, hold his hands, close your eyes, and pass on the positive thoughts we all have for him. (((((HUGS))))) I know every day in the transplant process brings a struggle and it is so hard to keep your eye on the ball. His life will be a pleasure again soon! We're with you!

Make the day a good one!

Here is a link that might be useful: Arbonne International

• nhsuzanne
    20 years ago

Hello,

BJ, Have a wonderful birthday my friend!!! I love knowing you and feel lucky to have found you!!!

NH Suzanne, good news about the cover. I hope it works out.

And Jen, great news about Erica. I hope she does not need surgery. The poor little thing has been through enough.

Peter is doing good. My other DB & SIL went in to Boston to see him yesterday. (NH Suzie, he is in Brigham & Womens - I know you asked me a couple of times and I don't think I answered). DB said he thought he was doing really well. He is very tired and as the days go on he gets a little sicker, but that is the effect of the chemo, so it is not a surprise. Today is his last day of chemo and the actual transplant will be done on Monday. They are a day ahead of schedule, so I guess that is good. Anyway, thank you all so much for your positive energy and prayers. I just can't tell you how much it means. I had a really rough day with it yesterday. Very emotional, I think it is finally hitting me how sick he really is.

Now about that camera. It is back! I found it downstairs in my laundry room. I feel foolish for even thinking the awful thoughts I was thinking and I am still not sure how it got downstairs because I had no reason to be in the laundry room during my DS party. Whatever the reason, I am so happy to have it back.

Has anyone every heard of Arbonne International? It is a Swiss skin care line. I am having 10 ladies over this evening for an Arbonne Party. We soak our feet, play in lotion and drink wine! Sounds fun, huh? It would be wonderful if all of the SS sisters could get together for one of these, and ofcourse you too John. They have a whole mens line!

Got to run. Lots to do. Have a great day everyone and (((HUGS))) to you all!!!

Love, Besh

• deemarie5500
    20 years ago

Besh! Thoughts and prayers for you and family. B&W's is a wonderful place he's in good hands.

If I thought I could fight the traffic I would drive down to your party tonight! The feets soaking sounds good but not as good as wine drinking! My feet are killing me though.

Jen, sounds like Erica is in the clear, I hope!

I am getting ready to head out of the office. I will check in this weekend.

• aka_raeanne
    20 years ago

Good SATURDAY Morning, and Hello from the office! I feel like Raeanne today! LOL

Wanted to let Besh know that I still hold Pete in my prayers. This is so difficult for everyone, but it's good to take one day at a time, and let that good medicine work for him. Let him know how many positive thoughts he has, so he can concentrate on getting better. :-)

Maddie & BJ, I really envy both of you.....wish I could get out there to join you, but I'm sooooo looking forward to next April. Should be lots of fun!

OK, gotta get going so that I'm not here all day---the weather is beautiful.

Still waiting to hear from Amy, Patti & Dave, Joanne, Gretchen, KY Susie.....the list goes on and on...Please let us know you are all OK!

Make it a great weekend!
    DeeMarie

• Wild_Chicken
    20 years ago

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I heard from Zig. She is doing great and would love to join us in April, if she can. She has a wedding mid April. But she wanted to say hello to everyone.

• nhsuzanne
    20 years ago

Hi DeeMarie and Raeanne! IT'S SATURDAY!

Thanks again to everyone for a great b-day! I really had fun!

Glad Zig is well! Hope everyone else decides to log on and pop in!

I'm out of here all day. This morning, I'm teaching a continuing education class at a local (about an hour away) hospital. I'm going to talk about medical flights, how they work, etc, etc. It's 90 minutes and 4-2 minute videos. I'll be glad to get it off my plate. Then, off to sell more GS cookies at the airport with my kiddles! This afternoon, a BBQ with some friends. I'm going to CRASH into bed tonight!

I think the diet is going well. Wish I had time to get a bike ride in today, but maybe tomorrow, while the wash is agitating!

I'll check in SUNDAY! Cheers!

(((((((((((((HUGS BESH AND PETE!))))))))))))))))))))

• deemarie5500
    20 years ago

Happy Saturday Everyone,

BJ, as usual you are on the go,go,go!!

I am doing housework. I feel like I am drowning in house work because it's been so long. DH is working today which makes it much easier to get it done. But it's gorgeous out and I want to go play!

I hope we hear from all the mia's soon. I can't wait for next April either. It will be such a blast!

Have a great weekend everyone!

• nhsuzanne
    20 years ago

Suzanne, I forgot to tell you how great BJ's b'day gift was! I never thought about PJ's for BJ!!! LOL Hope she gets some use out of them....I'm not sure she ever sleeps!

OK, I've got my presentation completed; made 25 copies of the 28-pages of slides in COLOR (without the copy machine jamming once--how unusual is that?) Had to make my own copies because I missed our Admin's deadline of last Wednesday. No problemo, tho. She's here with me today catching up on stuff.

Gonna try to get out of here and go play. Maybe I'll throw some laundry in and then take a walk around the lake when I get home.

Our friends invited us to go in their RV to (Statue of ) Liberty State Park tomorrow to see the Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth leave port! There's going to be firework displays and all kinds of fun. We're going at 3pm and the ships don't leave until 8:30pm. How's that for a party!!

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• nhsuzanne
    20 years ago

Hi DeeMarie, What fun you are going to have tomorrow! That sounds like alot of fun. I got BJ's gift from a really neat company called Pajama Gram. They are the same people that own Vermont Teddy Bear. Have you heard of them? I think the Pajama Gram concept is really fun and different.

I have been cleaning house all day. Now I have to catch up on my harness cleaning for tomorrow. I must speak to Sweet Pea about keeping her harness a little cleaner! LOL
    It never ends.

It is beautiful here today but really windy. Still, it's so nice to have warmth and sunshine.

• deemarie5500
    20 years ago

Good Sunday Morning All,

My harness is clean, my trailer loaded and hitched, Sweet Pea is groomed all shiny and gorgeous, and we are off to our driving clinic for the day. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and finds the time to check in soon.

NH Suzanne

• Wild_Chicken
    20 years ago

Good SUNDAY to you, Suzanne and to everyone!

We have sun, but not for long. It's going to rain but we are still going to see the ships!

Last night was another diet challenge, but I rose to the occasion. It was one of our favorite Italian places, but I skipped bread, appetizers and pasta; had a salad, ordered the grouper special (which came with clams, mussels and scallops--terrific!), and ate 1/3 of the orange sorbet (DH took care of the rest). I did not feel deprived and stayed within points. Even earned 3 points for walking yesterday which I did not "eat". Had to share this with you, as DH is not impressed by such things (did ya ever want to whack a skinny person? LMAO!!)

Make your SUNDAY a great one!
    DeeMarie

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH