SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
passport4vicki

What Machine Do you Have?

Vicki Pidgeon
16 years ago

Hi,

I have noticed that a frequent question here is what kind of machine do I buy? Because I only know about the one I have I do not feel knowledgable in giving advice.

Let's all talk about what embroidery machine we have, what the cost may be, and what features we like or do not like.

I have a Janome 10001. It was a gift form my husband so I can guess the cost was around $4000. I like the support from my local Janome dealership where the machine was purchased. This is my only machine so I do everything with it. It is very easy to go from sewing to embroidery. It was easy to learn. This version has three hoops sizes, 2x2, 4x4 and 5x7. I rarely use the 2x2. I use the "A" hoop, 4x4 a lot and bought an addition spring type "A" hoop. I also use the "B" hoop 5x5 a lot. Sometimes I wish I could go larger to the Mega Hoop, but I would need a special software to for the hoop, that cost would be around $1000. The new version of the Janome includes the mega-hoop.

My machine sews beautiful and is easy to maintain, I can unscrew the bobbin plate to vacuum out dust and thread. The Janome dealership told me that some machines do not have that feature, but I don't know for sure. I have had it for three years now with no problems.

It is easy to download embroidery designs online. I have a software that came with the machine to transfer (not convert) to my computer. I then take the design from my computer to a memory card. I put the memory card into a slot in my sewing machine and am ready to sew! I can also hook a computer directly to the machine. If I had a laptop that would be cool. So adding designs is easy.

My machine came with 7 Fonts, 3 sizes each. This is something I would like more of (more fonts). When I purchased more fonts online I found that I have to bring one letter in at a time. I think I need the digitizer (or is the customizer) to line up my words first and then insert to my design. Really small lettering does not sew out so nice.

That's all I can think of for now! I hope you can join in and tell us about your machine!

Vicki

Comments (7)

Sponsored