SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaymielo_gw

Sources for wood carriage-style garage doors

jaymielo
16 years ago

We are in the process of choosing our garage doors and am hoping to solicit input and sources. Our house has 3 8'x8' garage doors along the front. The house will be sided with Nichiha Sierra Premium Shake. Our front door with be a Mahogany craftsman style door with 12" sidelights and a 12" transom. Some stone work in the front.

Our dilemma... We think the house would look SOOO much better with wood versus painted garage doors. We have an eastern front exposure, so aware but not overly concerned with the maintenance issues.

From those of you that have installed wooded garage doors, where did you get them? We would also consider a "stainable" fiberglass or steel door if it looked good. Does anyone have experience with this? The only product I've been able to find so far is the 9800 model by Wayne Dalton. Has anyone used them?

Please, please, please. Garage door sources and experience. I'm tired and want to finish the exterior specifications so I can go buy some tile, toliets and lights. Today, that is sounding much more fun. :)

Thank you! Jaymie

Comments (14)