SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanny2a

Best Concealer/Best Pore refiner

nanny2a
13 years ago

Since everyone is sharing all their makeup secrets and tips, I thought this place would be the best place to ask advice about this, among names I trust to give me helpful advice!

After years of living on the water, boating, swimming and....gasp!, lying in the sun tanning, the effects of too many years without sunscreen and age are showing on my face. You have to remember that I'm almost 60, and during those early years, we didn't even have sunscreen available, so much of the damage was probably done early in my youth when having a dark tan was the rage. I know better now, but that wisdom can't undo the damage that's already taken place.

These last couple of years I've developed some age spots on my face, and two areas in particular, on each side of my nose, are so apparent that it makes me self conscious. During the winter I use a touch of Bare Minerals powder, as well as a moisturizer with sunscreen in it - but those two spots on my nose are dark and hard to conceal well without looking like I've plastered my nose with makeup. I need a good concealer that will last all day, and not clog my pores, which have also, with age, suddenly become more obvious. What would you recommend?

Also, as long as I'm asking, does anyone have a favorite pore refiner?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company