SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mika80_gw

How do I know if I have cloth moths?

mika80
14 years ago

Hello, it might be a silly question but .... how do I know if I have cloth moths??? Would I see them fly around at all? I know that if you see holes in your clothes you KNOW you have them but we just moved into a new apt and my husband kept some of his clothes for years locked in a closet in his parents house ..... then he brought them to the new apartment .... but he noticed the holes only after 3/4 months we had moved in ..... so I am freaking out ..... I don't know who I am fighting against or if I am fighting against anything at all? am I infested?? Is his parents' house infested??? I don't know!! He keeps on finding new holes in one of his woolen suits and he found holes also in his woolen sweaters (also stored at his parents house for awhile but not in the same closet as the suit).

What should I do???? I never saw any insect fly around my new apartment. This is a relatively new apartment with lacquered wooden closets, I wiped everything down with detergent (all shelves etc) before moving in ...... can they have survived anyway??? But why I don't see them??? If they laid the eggs, wouldn't they eventually turn into flying moths??? I am so frustrated as I don't know if I should worry about my new apt being infested or blame his parent's house - matter is he keeps o finding new holes but they might have been there before he might have just not have noticed them!

Also, I use a different closet and I haven't noticed any holes in my sweaters (yet) -

After cleaning the shelves I put some lavender soap all over the closet ...... (I read lavender or any strong smell keeps them away).

Please help!!

Comments (5)