SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cansurge

warning! lg refrigerator!

CanSurge
13 years ago

I'd like to warn you about LG appliance and my disastrous customer service experience from LG.

It's a bottom freezer refrigerator model LBN20518ST.

1 year and 1 months after buying this fridge broke: temperature controls broke and the fridge wouldn't cool. As directed by LG customer service, spent $300 CAD on service call and replacing main board. The new board was fried in 2 hours after replacement. The problem is known and well documented in the fridge owner reviews (review from the [URL="http://www.lg.com/ca_en/home-appliances/refrigerators/LG-bottom-freezer-refrigerator-LBN20518ST.jsp";]LG web site[/URL]). I tried to post my review there too but it seems to go nowhere.

Customer service was deceptive and unprofessional: lied about unreceived faxes, calls they never made, actions they later refused to take. After 2 months of deception and promises they bounced me back to the seller. In meantime, I have family of 5 living with Whirpool 3.2 cu ft. that I bought as a temp solution while they kept promising. I'd have felt much better if they were upfront and didn't make promises that they never planned on fulfilling.

Complete lemon!!! No LG appliances or LG electronics for me EVER!!! STAY AWAY!!!

P.S.

I am not an active poster but there is a limit... I needed to let my steam out and inform people not to fall into the same trap...

Comments (6)