SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wnlbutterfly

Holiday craft show season HERE!

wnlbutterfly
19 years ago

I have craft shows the next three Saturday's in a row. The first is a small local school show, which has grown into a pretty good show, I waited a little late and only have one space, but will make the best of it.

Then another school show that is well established, and a crazy show to sell at (fast and fearious sales). We have done it for 3 years now and looking forward to that.

Last but not least, the big show for the season, a major craft show in Kansas City, that cost me $480 for two spaces. No kidding. I really need to buckle down and work on inventory to make this worth while at that cost!!

I missed out on our big fall show (thought we had paid last year and didn't have any reciept to prove it). But I thought I would give an idea on what was there. I only saw ONE booth that had the juice bag purses, on the high side of pricing. A very nicely done jean purse, using the top portion with pockets, also high priced (around $35). I have only seen a couple of crafters with the glass block lights, but done very nicely.

A "funny" incident....at a show in September there was a crafter right behind us that at another show just a week later had "copied" the PVC bows/arrows and the foam swords, had about a dozen of each. She makes hair scrunchies and marshmallow shooters. THEN the fall show I mentioned above she went all out and nearly 1/2 her booth is now the PVC bows, so obviously she is selling them very well. I stopped the temptation from dropping in and saying "your welcome for the ideas". I know she will be at the big Christmas show also, so for my foam swords I have added a new element, some neat glow in the dark foam stickers (stars and moons) to the handle/helt. Sometimes you just have to go one step further!!

I am having major computer problems, but will try to drop in and update you on the craft show, how the sales go, what seems to be selling, ect.

Laura

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH