SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeageaux

Vitamix Pro 750 or Blendtec Designer Series?

deeageaux
11 years ago

So my Osterizer blender I inherited from mom finally gave out Sunday blending sausage,onions,and garlic for my Chili base. Cosmetically the old blender is shot and it started smoking before it completely stopped working. It has no sentimental value so the garbage man has taken it way.

After some quick research I am looking at the following.

Vitamix Pro 750 $550*

New model is now 17.25" tall and can fit under standard cabinets.Quiter and has some presets.

Made in Ohio. But motor is Swiss?

Blendtec Designer Series $435

Same basic design put prettier shell and has optional top now for scraping stuff off the side of blender and speciality jar for grains.

Assembled and designed in Utah but no longer qualifies for Made in USA label because content has fallen below 70% American. Motor is Chinese?

Some other interesting but less likely options for me.

Costco has the Vitamix 5200s for $379.

Blendtec Classic for $350. Has been available at Costco demonstrations for $299 in the recent past.

Then there is the Ninja 1500 Mega Kitchen System with 1500 watt motor similar to above and lots of extras included. Available direct from Ninja for $187 including shipping and CA sales tax with coupon code 4REGISTER. Obviously made in China.

Ninja is a new company. Vitamix has been making blenders since 1937 with stellar reputation. Blendtec has been making blenders since 1975(?) with reputation for blending Ipads,Iphones,and permanent markers.

What say you?

* Prices based on quick internet search on google, roboshopper,craigslist and ebay.

Comments (62)